by Sarah Rose
Are you fed up with being fed up and are ready to take your life to the next level but something is holding you back and you’re just not sure what the next step should be? I can relate, I’ve been there too, and once I learned the five emotions that lead to making significant changes in your life, I decided to decide and never looked back. Welcome to Week Two of my segment 7 Core Principals for Getting To The Top in Your Network Marketing Business. You can download the ebook here for free: https://sarahroseglobal.lpages.co/freebie/?fbclid=IwAR0fdlfg-dvWI9NO7q8Doz4tTi7w5YF3H0H-uMp7lv1CZ6atY357ICp6KnI. Here’s the video with more in depth information about deciding to decide and why it’s critical to do so in order to create success https://youtu.be/ZDl5rvMGmwU. And make sure to read through today’s blog post where I will be breaking down the second core principal: Making a Decision.
In the last four years working as an entrepreneur, I’ve discovered why so few people ever get to the top in business, and why they quit too soon (if they ever really get started in the first place). Here’s what’s missing: not many people are willing to make a decision and see it through. Feeding fear with a lack mentality creates a comfort zone so dense that the mere thought of making a shift seems daunting. To me, the opposite of decision is complacency, where nothing alters for the better, anxiety worsens, and we find ourselves spiraling out of control wondering when the next shoe is going to drop. Can you relate? Not to worry if the answer is yes, because figuring out which one of these emotions resonate most with you will help you smash through that zone of paralysis and step into your own magnificence.
- Disgust. This was the most powerful motivator for me, and the catalyst for going deep into personal growth and development by devouring all the library books and taking all the free courses I could get my hands on; then taking massive and immediate action on what I had just learned. I wasn’t a training junkie, nor did I get stuck in analysis paralysis having to learn every little detail before I got to work. Our financial crisis didn’t afford me the luxury of time or of getting into my own head, questioning myself or overthinking what I needed to do next. I had to get up and get to work even on the days when the crashing waves of depression and anxiety washed over me; I had to take control of my emotions and of my family’s financial future. I ran from the pain, it lit a fire under me and although I made lots of mistakes, I learned from them, and slowly but surely the successes started to stack up. When you get totally disgusted with your life, your failures or your disappointments, only then will you take action to change your life for the better. And girl let me tell you how I’ve been there: praying that the power wouldn’t be switched off, that the insurance payment would go through, and that even if the rent check cleared we would still have enough left over for groceries. I did not need someone to motivate me: I sought out the information I needed to formulate my plan, and I still act on it all day every damn day to leave that pain far in the past, bringing us closer to the pleasure of achieving the goal of time and financial freedom. What about you, are you sick and tired? If the answer is yes, then GOOD! Pull the plug and make a decision that you’re going to do that thing you’ve been putting off.
- Resolve. You can’t start a business to “give it a try,” to “dip a toe in,” or “see what happens.” Decide to dedicate the next three to five years to getting to the top. Get determined and use your emotional muscles to push you past fear and well out of your comfort zone, because that’s where all great things happen anyway. I mentioned in my last blog post that Joseph Campbell once said “The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.” So ask yourself, what is it that you fear the most? As soon as the answer comes to you, resolve to act upon it. Once a year, once a quarter, and at the beginning of every month ask yourself, “What can I do right now to shine brighter, to add more value, to be more visible in the noisy world of social media?” By asking powerful questions, we are delivered powerful answers (divine guidance you might call it). Here’s another question to ask yourself: What does this current version of me need to learn or do to evolve to the higher level of me? Is it investing in that book or course or event; seeking out a mentor; starting a blog; going live; adding more value in your groups; collaborating with other like-minded girl bosses; creating a mastermind group; teaching a course; writing a book; starting a podcast; diversifying and aligning your social media channels? Building up your network and actively connecting with people, not just hiding behind your computer? Creating a follow up system and actually following up? Learning closing skills? Tracking your numbers? Asking for referrals? Running ads? Being more consistent? All of the above? When you increase your resolve by getting a purpose and by being on purpose, that fire in your belly will burn so bright it will be impossible to ignore it and take action on it. Do not let the whining winds of defeat, distractions, or shiny object syndrome blow you off your course of action. Sometimes easier said than done, but stay focused on your goals and dreams and don’t look left or right. There is no scarcity of opportunity to get to the top, indeed there is plenty of room there for us all. There is however, a scarcity of resolve to make it happen. Most people allow fear and complacency to hold them back, but that’s not you, you’re so much better than that. Resolve to stretch yourself far beyond the plateau of where you are now. It can be terrifying, dizzying even, but you can do so much more than you’re doing now, and you can take yourself so much further than you think you can go. And once you resolve to make a decision, you are going to impact the world in a way only you know how. Never underestimate your power.
- Desire. You will get that which is your burning desire in life. Nothing more, nothing less. What keeps you up late at night, what do you dream about, what wakes you up early, what do you ardently wish for? Focus on that, it will drive you beyond your wildest dreams if you feed it, water it and pay attention to it. Where focus goes, energy flows, and you can’t help but become successful when you show up consistently every day on purpose with desire to succeed in your business, nurturing it the same way you would do for your child.
- Pain. We make decisions to feel positive emotions and/or to move away from what brings us pain or discomfort. If you are having a tough time getting to the top, attach fear to not reaching the summit and instead work differently to get there. Whatever happens, do not quit, don’t even question that you are on the right path, because you most certainly are. This is the time to boss up, power up, and go find what works on You Tube or Google University. Learn new skills, go in search of new tools, tweak your strategy, seek out a mentor, find the books or courses you need to learn the answers that will get you there faster. Everything is figureoutable. If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit home and think about it. Get busy, get on with it. Pain: expect it, permit it. Every five years there will be upheaval in your life. Let life move you, sure, but keep pressing onwards in spite of and until. You must get there regardless of the pain life brings to test you.
- Decision itself. There are extreme consequences whether you make a decision that nothing will stop you from getting to the top, or if you decide to do nothing and allow things to stay as they are. For me there was no in between, there was and is no grey area: it’s black or white. If I’m going to put my heart and soul and effort and time and name to something, it is going to be successful. Maybe not overnight, maybe not even for a few years. But I will never give up, I will show up until. Once you’ve decided to decide, then there is no option except to go all in. And go all in fast, for success loves speed. You must formulate that plan and then get to work on it it every single day. Once you decide, your destiny will also be decided.
I learned this information because I couldn’t go another day stuck in the fear trap. I had to do something, and indecision was eating away at my soul. It wasn’t fair to myself or my family for me to stand still and do nothing. I’m not a tree and neither are you: we can move. If we aren’t happy with our circumstances, we must take responsibility to change them. It’s up to us to make the decision that we will not find ourselves in the same place a year from now that we find ourselves in today.
If you can relate to the emotions that we’re diving into here today, drop a comment below with the emotion that resonates the most with you and let me know that you’re going to take action today to make the decision that could change your life for the better forever. Then share this post and tag two independent women friends who would find this article helpful, and as a thank you, I’ll send you my FREE ebook 9 Free Tools You Need For Setting Up a Successful Online Business. Decide to decide that today is the day that turns your life around, and let’s do this. I’ll see you at the top!